|Perennial Plant ID|
In this class, we go beyond a basic survey course, and look in depth at approximately 60 plants including hardy perennials.
The focus will be on identification of commonly used perennials with the aid of photos, pressed plant samples and plant walks in the Dorothy Harvie Gardens. The use of Latin names will be required and identification terminology will be addressed. Attention will be given to the cultivation and use of these plants.
New this year, the class will include a hands-on workshop, an introduction to perennial bed design and a tour of a local nursery.
Please note: A field trip to a nursery will be built into the class schedule, on a date that is agreed upon by the class participants.
(Completion of Woody Plant ID is an asset, but not essential)
For our FAQ sheet on commonly asked questions about this course, please click here
This course has been pre-approved by the CNLA for 9 CEU's.
Phone (403) 232 – 9300 or visit our Guest Relations Area at the Zoo’s North entrance between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. Calgary Zoo. Discovery Passport members receive a discount on select education programs. Program fees do not include GST and are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Registrations are accepted in the order in which fees are received. Please note that prices and dates are subject to change.
**Daily parking may be purchased at a cost of $7 per day OR
**When registering for this course, students may choose to purchase Pre-Paid Program Parking at a discounted price, valid for the duraction of your course (9 weeks) at a cost of $56. This parking option is ONLY available at the time of registration.
Daytime Parking Instructions
* Please pull a parking ticket upon entrance to the parking lot.
* The $7 fee is payable at the Pay-On-Foot stations at the Zoo entrance, the Guest Relations desk,
the pay station on the main north plaza or at the exit booth (credit card only at exit)
* There is a 30-minute grace period for drop-offs
* This parking ticket MUST be used in order for you to exit the parking lot.
Pre-paid Program Parking Instructions
* Please use your program ticket to enter the parking lot.
* Keep your ticket with you to gain access to Zoo grounds through the turnstiles.
* This ticket MUST be used in order for you to exit the parking lot.